Critique 2019 Octoberfest – Palouse (Nick) Hardcore – Nikkor AFS 50mm f/1.8 G – October 31st.

Real Name
Andy
Your white balance selection places the harvested fruit precisely in the context of October. Or perhaps my eye is influenced by the blue containers. In either case, you have rendered the image at a cool enough color temperature to represent the season, yet the oranges/reds/greens/yellows of the tomatoes still feels true.
I must not have done a good enough job, she just gave me permission to buy a new lens: Nikon Z 50, f/1.8S that Nikon is discounting for a another day! :love::love::love: I've had such a great time shooting with my venerable 50 f/1.8G that I've decided to invest in a new one. It's expected here on Tuedsday so I may have it in time to shoot a couple with it, probably as a comparison to my current lens.
Woohoo! Looking forward to seeing your results!
Very unusual! Do the leaves on Bosc pear trees go through that sequence every year?

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Day 27:

We had strong winds most of yesterday and I was hoping to find lots kids helping "rake" and jumping into big piles of leaves. None that I could find ;)

But then I saw my Bosc Pear tree--overnight it had gone from deep red to mahogany/coffee and was most striking. In 2 weeks it's gone from dark green, light green, yellow, orange, amber, red and now mahogany. I have a couple of more in the Bucket.

The light was at the wrong angle for a polarizer.

View attachment 1648930
Thanks for sharing the color change story and image. Very interesting that final color.

Day 28:

A ghost came to visit

Meme28-008_Nik_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
Day 28:

A ghost came to visit
It looks like we are definitely getting close to All Hallows' Eve! This is a very striking image; skillfully conceived and composited. There is much to see in the eerie colors, the translucency, the dark shadows with just a hint of detail - the photograph draws my eye back into it again and again.

Day 29:
Waited for FedEx to deliver my new Z 50f/1.8 S lens, but had to go run some errands (It just got here, so sample shots tomorrow). On my way home I detoured through the country side and shot a couple. This fence looked nice and stark with the bare fields and the many angles made for an interesting shot. Besides, it is about time I shared a landscape shot.

Meme29-017_DxO.jpg

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Many many interesting lines: fences, fields, etc, that provide a great contrast to those lovely rolling horizontal hills in the distance. Better image than I think you are giving yourself credit for!

Day 30:
Well, with the dusting of snow yesterday, it sure looks like Christmas. In fact, I'm sure it IS:

Meme30-005_Nik_DxO.jpg

Yup, a remote flash with a light red gel. The whole thing was fired remotely (release is under my left thumb). If you pixel-peep you will notice that the low shutter speed resulted in some motion blur when I moved the box.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom