Adobe CC rate increase?

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
So....I got an email from Adobe stating....

"The price of Creative Cloud will increase on April 16, 2018. Please note that this is the first time in over five years that we’ve raised the base price of Creative Cloud. What’s not changing is our commitment to delivering the tools you need to take your creativity further and do your best work. We recently announced the next generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2017, including five all-new applications and a range of new features and services across our flagship products."

Then down at the bottom it said .....

"Your renewal details
Membership details: Creative Cloud Photography plan (one-year)
Renewal rate: USD 9.99 plus Tax/VAT"

So.... it apears that the CC Photography plan is not changing. But is that true?

Anyone else get this notice?

How is Creative Cloud pricing changing?
Pricing will vary by plan — for example, for the annual pay monthly plans:

• Creative Cloud for individuals Single App plans will increase to US$20.99 per month from US$19.99 per month, a $1 per month increase.
  • Creative Cloud for individuals All Apps plans will increase to US$52.99 per month from US$49.99 per month, a $3 per month increase.
  • Creative Cloud for teams All Apps plans will increase to US$79.99 per month from US$69.99 per month, a $10 per month increase.
Existing customers will receive specific information about their membership pricing directly from Adobe.

For more details: Creative Cloud for individuals | Price changes in United States, Canada, and Mexico

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
The "photo" plan (LR/PS) is not changing. AFAIK all the others are. I'll be dropping my Dreamweaver subscription at renewal time this year for that reason.

Thanks, Doug. That is reassuring!

• Creative Cloud for individuals Single App plans will increase to US$20.99 per month from US$19.99 per month, a $1 per month increase.
  • Creative Cloud for individuals All Apps plans will increase to US$52.99 per month from US$49.99 per month, a $3 per month increase.
  • Creative Cloud for teams All Apps plans will increase to US$79.99 per month from US$69.99 per month, a $10 per month increase.
Existing customers will receive specific information about their membership pricing directly from Adobe.

For more details: Creative Cloud for individuals | Price changes in United States, Canada, and Mexico

Thanks, Mike. That link was in the email....but it doesn't address the Photography Plan which was my question.

Where is the $9.99/mo photographer plan?

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
The email I received specifically noted that the 9.99 photographer plan was not affected. Yet. :cool:
Agreed. That's the same as I indicated in my original post. But I've found nothing about The Photographers Plan on the website. Hence my question.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I tried calling but after holding for a very long time gave up. Recording said they were being flooded by calls about the rate increases............

Well it says + Tax. is that the change? I do not think I have been paying taxes.

Currently, Adobe charges $9.99 + tax, however, for some reason when my zip code (30064) is entered it calculates a tax of $0.00. So it would appear thay have always been charging tax, but Georgia gets a pass for some unknown reason. Microsoft also bills me $9.99 per month for software and no sales tax is added to it either. ???????????

The email I received specifically noted that the 9.99 photographer plan was not affected. Yet. :cool:
I tried calling but after holding for a very long time gave up. Recording said they were being flooded by calls about the rate increases............

So my question concerns new subscribers...can you still get it of $10/mo, or is that only for current subscribers?

----------------------------------------------------

Added in edit: it is still available.

Last edited:
I understand that if a Subscriber pays for the whole year's subscription "up-front" (instead of in monthly installments), there will be no increase of the previous price rates.

Frankly, my first consideration is to buy what I need for the work that I do and the price of it is very little concern.
(Emphasis on "need" — as opposed to desirable "toys").
The selection of tools (software is a vital "tool" in my case) is always a personal choice but "buying solely on price" has never proved to work out for me — for any service or commodity.

I am well aware that others may have different criteria.

Real Name
Rodney
Different states have different rules regarding tax on the $9.99. In CA, I do not pay tax either.

Latest threads

Top Bottom