Critique Backlite Preening Egret

Rainy day, and going back through some old images.
I just love photographing these backlite egrets. A different bird than my other postings, same sign. A whole group of these images I have not worked up yet.
I am running out of wall space.
Thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gary

gatorland am 2-9-19 1073.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks all. I am surprised I passed this one by on my first run through earlier in the year. The American Cancer Society is doing an art exhibition as a fund raiser. As a cancer survivor myself, it is certainly one of the causes I strongly support. I will be donating 3-6 prints, all larger than 20x30". I have been going through files from earlier this year to try to find a few my friends have not seen before. This one may go in. They are due on the 30th, so I will be printing this weekend. Frames should be done Saturday.

Come on!, you need critique?, that shot is killer, just humbly display it ................
I actually like the critique placard. I have had several of my images get better as people discuss them, and I want all to know that door is open. I had a friend, not on this site, that after seeing this recommended a little more room above the head, Paul thought it looked a little crowded. I think he is right- so I will add a little headroom before printing. The more educated opinions I can get, the better my work can become. Theses birds are so glorious, it is hard to take a bad picture of them.
Thanks again for the support and kind words.
Gary

Real Name
Dan
The lighting and position of the bird are really excellent. As a matter of taste, like the other input you received, I tend to prefer a little more space which in this case would be best added above the head.

I really love these images of yours. Thanks for sharing and I'm sure they will do well in the auction.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Wonderful image, agree with just a tiny amount of head space, one thing to consider, the signature seems a bit distracting especially in white, only because of the egret color. I would consider maybe a medium grey or even a darker color for the sig. Just a thought. And this was nominated for a feature image. Featured!

Thanks so much for featuring this image.
I have donated this, and several other images, to a local fundraiser for the American Cancer Society.
I think you are right about the signature, a little overwhelming here. In print I signed in a very fine point white ink, so it is almost grey. Also much smaller in relation to the image. It also got a little more head room, which did help. Still learning how to present these.
Gary

Latest threads

Top Bottom