Championship Soccer

Hi all, here's a test image from the first game of the season on Monday night. I've done with photo bucket so trying Flikr but unsure if it shows the image or just a link please let me know. as I cannot preview it. ta.

GAC_2935 copy.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
D44_6787 copy.jpg

GAC_2838 copy.jpg
D44_6745 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, all great captures. Recently retired from my day job and debating if I want to shoot for a wire service again. I need to find inspiration and activities to keep me sharp, this is one of a number of routes I am considering and I admit I do miss it. I assume this is Premier League? MLS is not at EPL level but getting closer every year. Always my favorite sport to shoot. Please keep sharing, it may inspire me to get off my ***, I got a bit burned out after so many years.

Very nice, all great captures. Recently retired from my day job and debating if I want to shoot for a wire service again. I need to find inspiration and activities to keep me sharp, this is one of a number of routes I am considering and I admit I do miss it. I assume this is Premier League? MLS is not at EPL level but getting closer every year. Always my favorite sport to shoot. Please keep sharing, it may inspire me to get off my ***, I got a bit burned out after so many years.

Hey, go visit your local high school, and the yearbook advisor.
Then volunteer to be a Photo Advisor to the yearbook.

Advice; it is THEIR yearbook, and if they screw it up, you should not be their safety net that they rely on, time after time after time.

IOW, if they are irresponsible and don't go to shoot a game, then want to use YOUR pictures, you should probably say NO. They need to learn responsibility. They sometimes need to learn from their failures. The YB advisor last year told the kids that if they did not get pictures of a sport at the next game, that sport will go into the yearbook with a BLANK page. They had to take ownership and responsibility for their page in the yearbook.

They are also teenagers, and it can/will be hard to deal with them. You can't expect them to behave like an adult, because they are not adults and are still maturing.

But when the yearbook comes out, that is a satisfying feeling.

I shoot all the sports, to keep me sharp, and to show the kids how it is done.
If I can do it (just like I used to when I was in yearbook), they can as well.

My goal has been to get them to the point that they can shoot anything in the book.
The class portraits being the exception, simply because of volume.

Hey, go visit your local high school, and the yearbook advisor.
Then volunteer to be a Photo Advisor to the yearbook.

Advice; it is THEIR yearbook, and if they screw it up, you should not be their safety net that they rely on, time after time after time.

IOW, if they are irresponsible and don't go to shoot a game, then want to use YOUR pictures, you should probably say NO. They need to learn responsibility. They sometimes need to learn from their failures. The YB advisor last year told the kids that if they did not get pictures of a sport at the next game, that sport will go into the yearbook with a BLANK page. They had to take ownership and responsibility for their page in the yearbook.

They are also teenagers, and it can/will be hard to deal with them. You can't expect them to behave like an adult, because they are not adults and are still maturing.

But when the yearbook comes out, that is a satisfying feeling.

I shoot all the sports, to keep me sharp, and to show the kids how it is done.
If I can do it (just like I used to when I was in yearbook), they can as well.

My goal has been to get them to the point that they can shoot anything in the book.
The class portraits being the exception, simply because of volume.

I was referring to staying sharp in overall life and adjusting to retirement, not specifically photography, although that is always beneficial. The only interest in High school I have is possibly shooting a game for my Alma matter, Kennedy Catholic. Sam Huard is a top rated QB for the class of 21 and has already committed to UW. I’ve taken this off topic enough. The intent was to compliment the OP. I appreciate his work and it makes me miss shooting MLS and International Soccer. Thanks for taking the time to suggest ideas though.

Latest threads

Top Bottom