Closeups with 24-70

Thanks for the encouragement, folks. Here's another closeup sample.

DSC_0014-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Signs of late summer: blossom end of a ripe tomato with a tiny spider, fresh peaches, jar of just-finished homemade pickles and more tomatoes in the background.

I tried some closeups of my Black-Eyes Susans which are just starting to blossom.

First one as close as I could get, second one backed up a little. Jim, thank you for researching the close focusing of this lens. I really hadn't tried it to see how close I could get, but I will use it more for closeups now!!

_DSC0162.jpg
_DSC0159.jpg

I tried some closeups of my Black-Eyes Susans which are just starting to blossom.

First one as close as I could get, second one backed up a little. Jim, thank you for researching the close focusing of this lens. I really hadn't tried it to see how close I could get, but I will use it more for closeups now!!

View attachment 1644086 View attachment 1644087

Those look really good, Terri.

My interest is to see if this camera can be my main travel and hiking companion. For that I need close-focusing capability for wildflowers, etc. For travel I'm thinking maybe Z6+24-70/4 and my 70-300 AF-P FX on the FTZ - a one body, two lens kit.

Those look really good, Terri.

My interest is to see if this camera can be my main travel and hiking companion. For that I need close-focusing capability for wildflowers, etc. For travel I'm thinking maybe Z6+24-70/4 and my 70-300 AF-P FX on the FTZ - a one body, two lens kit.
Those are the two lenses I use the most!! They are a super combination. You can leave the FTZ on the 70-300 and it will not take two steps every time you want to put it on the camera. I hiked one time with my D5600 since purchasing the Z6. I really missed the reviewing through the viewfinder, plus the D5600 viewfinder seemed so small. So I've hiked with the Z6 since then. It's heavier, but not too bad. I may try to sell the D5600. I haven't decided yet. My granddaughter really enjoyed taking some photos with it, so I may keep it for some photography lessons with the grandkids who want to learn.

Those are the two lenses I use the most!! They are a super combination. You can leave the FTZ on the 70-300 and it will not take two steps every time you want to put it on the camera. I hiked one time with my D5600 since purchasing the Z6. I really missed the reviewing through the viewfinder, plus the D5600 viewfinder seemed so small. So I've hiked with the Z6 since then. It's heavier, but not too bad. I may try to sell the D5600. I haven't decided yet. My granddaughter really enjoyed taking some photos with it, so I may keep it for some photography lessons with the grandkids who want to learn.

With the L-bracket for the FTZ I can shoot the 70-300 from a tripod which is a real improvement.

It's my D750 + 24-120 that I may sell after I convince myself with the Z6.

Took some photos today with my Z6 + FTZ + 55/3.5 AIS. Focus peaking works nicely but I'm never aware that the IBIS is activating. How can one tell?

I did get sharp photos handheld at 1/60s.

Welcome the club, Jim. For my next sale I’m going for a Hasselblad ? you’ll love your Z6, and we will too.
Hooray, Pa!!!! I know you've been thinking about a Z camera for a long time -- glad that you've finally jumped in and gotten one! :)

Thanks, folks. I'm not getting any younger and this looked like a great deal.

Here's a question: I took a few photos today with my 55/3.5 AIS micro and FTZ. The reported Exif data doesn't show the correct aperture; it only shows the lens' maximum aperture. Is that normal?

This is a focus stack of the same orchid I posted Saturday, using the "focus shift" feature of the Z6.

Stack1-X2.jpg

The background is not very attractive but this was just a first cut to learn how that feature works. I think it will be useful.

Real Name
Ken St John
As a point of comparison ... my Canon 24-70 f4 has a macro setting on the zoom, and I have been playing around with it a little here and there. It's not something I do often, and it is really challenging without a tripod!!
Early Sping-77.jpg

Just something to compare your Z-lenses to ... from a much older one!!

Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom