Help! Z7 Image Dust Off Reference Photo...

Real Name
Steve
I am at a loss. I ran the Image Dust Off Reference Photo and it is clean. I inspect sensor with a light, it is clean. BUT, in the process, I get a screen that says to take a photo of a bright featureless surface and behind the message, I see this:

IMG_5212.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If I turn OFF the process and focus at infinity at the exact same place that fiber does not show up. If I take photos of a plain white surface, it does not show up. When I look at the surface of the sensor, surely THAT would be visible... there is nothing there.
I have not seen it in images of birds against a bright blue sky, and that would most likely be evident at f/22. ***?!?

Real Name
Steve
FYI, here's a last frame following a bird, bird is out of frame, so this is just sky obviously. Nothing. Maybe a few dust spots, but nothing like the image above.

SRH_4871b.jpg

Real Name
Steve
If fiber is at bottom of photo, looking into lens mount, it would be at bottom of opening, right? DSLRs were always upside down, but there is no mirror here obviously.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
If fiber is at bottom of photo, looking into lens mount, it would be at bottom of opening, right? DSLRs were always upside down, but there is no mirror here obviously.
No, the image is inverted on the sensor with mirrorless, just like a DSLR. Lenses work the same way regardless.
Have a look in the lens itself as well.

Real Name
Steve
images.jpeg

IT WAS THE LENS!

YOU ROCK!!! SAVED ME $60 is USPS postage/insurance!!

...I'm an idiot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom